Friday, July 20, 2012

The Grand Fanale

Well my trip here in Europe is quickly winding down. I left for Holland and the Rogues the other day from Kaufbeuren. This was going to be my final ride with my bike here in Europe. Almost three months ago, my trip here started with this exact ride.
Unfortunately this one would end a little before the border of Holland with a burnt up charging system. Thankfully Michel from Antwerp was heading up to meet me and the Rogues in Opmeer, so a slight (3 hour) detour into Germany and I was loaded into the van and would finish the trip dry for once!
A warm welcome and several cold beers were had at the club house once we arrived. Another great time and trip, but this one was a one way deal for the bike. Shipping and building a crate for the bike is now the priority. Reality is setting in that this is the end.